Students with undergraduate degrees from any major, including engineering, business, liberal arts, and sciences, who are interested in developing an entrepreneurial mindset through experiencing the integrated product development process, may apply to this program.
- The below admissions requirements are consistent with those of the Lehigh University P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science. Applicants should have earned a bachelor's degree or equivalent and one of the following:
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 out of 4.00;
- GPA of at least 3.00 for the last two semesters of undergraduate study;
- GPA of at least 3.00 in a minimum of 12 hours of graduate work at other institutions.
- Applicants are NOT required to take the GRE or GMAT exam.
- The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required for all applicants whose native language is not English.
- If the applicant has received a degree in the United States, this test is waived. The minimum required score is 550 on the paper test. The essay rating should be between 4.0 and 6.0. The TOEFL is only valid for two years from the date the test was taken.
- Individual skill section score recommendations for Lehigh University and the iBT (Internet based TOEFL) are:
- Writing - 20
- Speaking - 20
- Reading - 20
- Listening - 15
- (Composite score = 79)
- Any students with one or more individual skill section scores below these targets will be required to take an English as a Second Language (ESL) course or lab work during the initial academic year, concurrent with their regular department coursework. Any student with two or more skill section scores lower than these targets, and a composite score lower than 79, will be required to attend the StepUp Intensive English Program at Lehigh. The Lehigh ESL Department must be consulted regarding this requirement.
- An official transcript from each university attended is required. All transcripts should be converted to the American 4.0 grading scale, if possible.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation are required from qualified individuals to evaluate the applicant's academic achievement and potential for graduate studies.
Applicants must apply directly to the Technical Entrepreneurship M.Eng. Program. To be considered for admission, applicants must submit the following before the application can be reviewed:
- Online application via Lehigh's College of Engineering and Applied Science (applications currently being accepted for 2017-18).
- Application fee of $75, payable to Lehigh University, which is non-refundable and cannot be waived.
- At least two letters of recommendation from qualified individuals, to evaluate the applicant’s academic achievements and potential for graduate studies, should be submitted online.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (in sealed envelopes direct from the Registrar at your previous institutions).
- Request copies of TOEFL score (mandatory for all international students), with the official scores sent by ETS (Educational Testing Service) to Lehigh University.
- Financial Aid form if seeking financial assistance through the program.
- A personal statement (part of online application), summarizing the applicant's career objectives and interest in developing an entrepreneurial mindset