For the 2016 project year, we are offering a total of 35 sponsored partnerships to accommodate the anticipated 200+ students. Typically each of the teams will have six students. The projects run one calendar year, which is divided into three parts:
- A spring conceptual design semester, focusing on opportunity identification, market research, creative solutions, and technical and financial feasibility
- An optional summer at your company (funded separately)
- A fall semester of fabricating, building, and testing a prototype, models, and simulations of both technical and business aspects of the project
- A project mentor who has the time and interest to be focused on the experience
- A project focus that is important enough to the company that resources have been allocated, both human and financial – but not so critical that the yearlong process will become burdensome
- A company that promotes a culture of innovation and creativity and seeks employees who embody those values
Download our 2018 Sponsor Information Packet.
View our 2015 Capstone Course Projects Booklet.